Health is not a number
Health is not (only):
- The digits on the scale
- The size of your pants
- Your mile run time
- The number of crunches/push-ups/pull-ups you can do
- The amount of “superfoods” you consume per day
- Your level of happiness.
- Your mental health.
- The quality (and quantity) of sleep you get every night.
- Your satisfaction with and passion for what you do.
- Your relationships with the people around you.
(I am totally guilty of #3 here.)
“Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.” – World Health Organization (WHO)
Question: What would you add to these lists?